Be a Quitter! Stop Multi-Tasking and Make Some Money

Multi-tasking Makes You Stupid

No kidding. There is scientific evidence that multitasking, or task-switching, lowers your I.Q. Researchers at the Institute of Psychiatry at the University of London studied 1,100 workers at a British company and found that multitasking with electronic media caused a greater decrease in IQ than smoking pot or losing a night’s sleep. IQ drops of 15 points for multitasking men lowered their scores to the average range of an 8-year-old child. 

A study out of Stanford University confirms this too. Researchers compared multi-taskers to single-taskers and found that the single-taskers performed better on their tests. Psychology researcher, Anthony Wagner summed it up. “When they’re in situations where there are multiple sources of information coming from the external world or emerging out of memory, they’re not able to filter out what’s not relevant to their current goal.  That failure to filter means they’re slowed down by that irrelevant information.”

 

Men Do it Better than Women

Women entrepreneurs tend to want to do it all. They have a hard time letting go. It could be something in our DNA carried over from our ancestors or a cultural thing, but women (me included) think we have something to prove. My husband is great at doing one thing. He focuses all of his energy on whatever task he's working on. Yes, I admit, it can drive me crazy sometimes. But, whatever he is working on gets done and he feels self-assured and proud of his efforts. Me, on the other hand, if I need to go to the store, for example, first I will stop and empty the dishwasher, clean the counters, put a wash in and fold some laundry before I ever walk out the door! This makes me feel overwhelmed, tired and frustrated. Yes, I got it done, but I'm no happier for it.

Read More About Click Here : Dallas Women Entrepreneur Network

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dallas Women Entrepreneur Network| Networking Speaker

 ICON is the highly-anticipated annual gathering of eWomenNetwork, the  #1 Business Community for Women Entrepreneurs.  For 23 years – and c...