Finding Balance in Chaos | Women Success summit

I had a plan … I was organized and in the flow. I had a deadline to write an article on trauma for a parenting magazine and write this blog post, so set aside 2 full days to complete them. I felt confident and in control of my time. 

And then, the biggest ice storm hit Dallas and all my plans came to a screeching halt.  My daughter’s school closed so she was home.  Then came our power outages, and finally, my husband wrecked his car trying to get out of the driveway!  I had to take and pick him up from work (he’s a doctor and babies don’t wait to be delivered)!  Although this is an extreme scenario, it expresses how crazy life can get as we are juggling being a mom, wife and running a business.  When we love all of them, HOW DO WE FIND OUR BALANCE?

I have found that getting REGULATED (calm and centered) is of the utmost importance.  When we are stressed and run by thought patterns that keep us in “survival mode,” our brain is limited to fight, flight or freeze, which shows up as anxiety, fear, frustration, anger etc.  No one is getting their needs met in this state of mind, not to mention the toll it begins to take on our physical well-being.  When we can take a few deep, conscious breaths and find a sense of calm, we give our brain a chance to tap into creative solutions, increase our energy and have the space to ask some important questions.  

Read More About Click Here : Women Success summit

women success coaches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dallas Women Entrepreneur Network| Networking Speaker

 ICON is the highly-anticipated annual gathering of eWomenNetwork, the  #1 Business Community for Women Entrepreneurs.  For 23 years – and c...